We did it! We made it another year! Another 365 days! And as we say good bye to 2016 and ring in the new year – you know what happens? Well nothing really – unless you want something to happen.
I have never been a huge fan of New Years resolutions – why would I want to make a list of things to “change” when I know I’m not even remotely close to wanting to change my…. insert word of choice – lifestyle, habits, schedule etc. For me it’s a no brainer – I don’t resolve to change anything – BUT I will set attainable goals that already fit into my family and life dynamic!
My goals for 2017 are as follows
- Meal plan at least one week/ month and try to follow said plan. I know that this will save my family money – and it will save me time in our hectic schedule! Jumping into meal planning and trying to do it every week can be exhausting and overwhelming and frustrating – so by doing it for one week/month I’ll get a feel for it and be able to build up to doing it more consistently!
- Try one new recipe a month. This can be baking or cooking. I’m tired of spaghetti and I want my kids (and husband 🙈) to expand their food palette!
- Tell my kids I love them and give them a hug every day! They need to hear that and this is something that isn’t hard to do! Even if they have done everything in their power to annoy me – they need to hear that I love them regardless of what they do or say! #momgoals #unconditionallove
- Choose to be grateful. I might not live in a new house, drive an SUV, or have a pair of Jimmy Choo’s. But I am very thankful for the roof over my head, the dust wagon, and my walmart shoes that I got on sale for $10! #winning
- Create a vision board. This I’m going to do with my kids and they will each have their own vision board! I want to see what they are excited for, what they want to work towards, what their goals are in life and school and sport. By doing this together we can see what each others visions are and can encourage each other and keep each other accountable as we go through 2017!
What are your attainable goals for 2017? I’ve already tried one new recipe and meal planned for this next week! However most of the meals will be at my Mom’s because of delayed Christmas and we are staying at their place for a hockey tournament 😂 so I only needed to plan 3 out of 7 days this week! #itstillcountsright